Thursday, September 20, 2007

Take it all...

The joys of Hillsong, from 'Take, take, take it all' to 'I will worship you for who you are'. These are the songs I've been singing for the last few days at work. A good lyric can just get me, and will not get out of my head for days on end. I'm quite surprised that no-one has told me to shut up yet!

Now I just have to figure out how to turn the bass down on the computer speakers!

If you get a chance - check out the link on Ant's blog (below and to the right) for the new look St Mike's web address. A whole mixture of feelings for me at the moment. The start of a new term and I'm not in Stoke Gifford, full time youth work is not my job any more. Pray for the full-time youth team (Ant, Trev and Cath) as well as the large group of extra-timers who are involved in a huge on-going ministry. You don't know how much I miss you all.

A bit of a glum moment.

This week at work has been a tough one. I think I've figured out that being in charge of two areas is not a one person job, or a two person job, it's one and a half almost. I felt absolutely swamped on Wednesday, but today I got through emails that weren't urgent. Having two people takes the pressure off a lot. Still getting an email today for transport tomorrow at 3.30pm today is not funny.

But this week will end on a high (of sorts). Tomorrow is a day off (yeay) which is to be filled by watching the Davis Cup (umm..). I also got my very own stapler and hole punch today! Woot! The exciting life of Liz!

Pictures of tennis and a weekend sports commentary to follow...

No comments: