Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Long time, no post...

It's been ages I know, but life has been hectic!

For those of you who aren't on Facebook, I passed my Theory Test, thankfully and with an overwhelming relief (I clearly gave up with revision towards the end!), so now I can go on to practicing for passing the practical - eek - parallel parking and the like!

Also my talk went very well, I enjoyed it a lot, and now I have to think about leading a service too! But thats not until 18th May, so plenty of time!

I've been struck recently with the notion that God is in control of everything, even when I'm not sure of the future or even the present sometimes. I'm realising that so much of what I am is purely down to how God has worked through me. 'Who I am' is 23 years old and God knows that this moment of my life is full of errant feelings and difficult decisions. Far from being scary or overwhelming, it's a comfort and I'm slowly working my way back to letting Him be in charge, because, after all of this, He still knows more about me than I ever will - so who better to put my trust in.

Psalm 139 has fallen in to my lap more than once this week and the power of the verses astound me every time. Never shocking or meant in a mean way, its a wonderful piece of poetry - read it - on your own, in silence!

No comments: