Saturday, October 04, 2008

Lun - don Tuawn! (Think Lily Allen)


I have been in London for most of today...time spent on Chadwell Heath station (due to a fatality on the line) with my MP3 player to keep me occupied, on taking pictures of famous landmarks - hence the photo blog and on worshipping God with 400 other women at a conference.


Biker, bus and time piece...London at its most typical..


I was stood eating a crepe at this point...I wrote in September about Child Poverty and this was a 'Keep the promise' march, organised by the End Child Poverty campaign. Basically the government aren't doing anything about what the current situation is.

So I found myself caught up in it, without really thinking about it. Lots of noise, lots of people...no traffic. Watching a walking protest is moving ('scuse the pun). If you've ever been to a carnival you'll know it's very easy to get a beat going with your feet and you start to dance along, well it's the same with this. People feel strongly enough to join together and stop central London to make their point.

I don't know if it was on the news, but I'm sure their will be pictures somewhere...check it out.

So the conference was really good. I missed the set up session and the day ran over, but on the whole it was well attended and thought through. The sung worship was top class, even though it was just a piano, guitar and violin...I met some nice people, got some encouragement, and gave some too. Learnt something about culture and a lot about being a single woman, which I will pass on, to the people around me.

Tomorrow is the event that I've been preparing for all weekend. Harvest service...I'm going to bed...

No comments: