Saturday, May 01, 2010

Moshi Sushi

I always keep an eye on Paul's blog...over at andalongcameme, some times for nostalgia reasons (we went on the same holiday when we were a lot younger) but mostly because he has one of the coolest jobs in the world and a lot of the time I glean some information about life outside of Billericay from him that is local-ish... when I saw 'News Flash: Sushi in Chelmsford' I was intrigued. I've never tried sushi, but I am a fan of cooked Japanese food (Wagamama's RULES!) so I thought that since it was nice a close I'd give it a try...one day. Paul's review of the place wasn't great, but I thought Saturday afternoon wouldn't be too bad...

I agree with Paul, the food is brilliant... I stuck with the cooked stuff... I was on my own so eating raw fish didn't really appeal to me... I wussed out, I think I need Chris to hold my hand while I try it out for the first time. The service was strange though, very well explained how a sushi bar worked, though I kinda understood it anyway (I thought the guy would sit down and tell me what to eat), and I could've sworn I got a pork teriyaki udon when I ordered chicken - even though they don't do pork... if someone had tried it, they would've agreed with me, but no one did. I kept getting asked if I was ok and couldn't get round how much the man running the front of house looked like Hiro from Heroes, yet I spoke to him when I paid and he had a Mancunian accent! They were under staffed, and it showed (not only because I was told).

Anyway, I had a good time and it is reasonably priced, have a look at their website.

Chris is currently at Brands Hatch, watching Tom Chilton and various others race the GP circuit for the BTCC, so I planned to have a quiet day/evening... but only after having a brief conversation with Admiral about why my car insurance had gone above £500 without breakdown cover... apparently the world doesn't work how it should do at the moment, so everything gets put up at renewal time! I have talked them round and saved a lot of money just by asking... lesson learnt, it's always worth asking.

I'm now catching up on the snooker (Go Carter!) and waiting for Dr. Who... What a nice way to spend a bank holiday...

No comments: