Monday, November 28, 2011

Advent

Advent is now here! What we have been waiting for is just four weeks away! It's time to get the cards written, I have already done most of my present shopping and find the tree under piles of stuff in the loft/garage. There is a lot to do, from practising the prefect roast to writing talks.

At Christ Church we are very fortunate that we start advent by inviting the community for carols and story telling and that there are plenty of things going on for us to prepare properly for the birth of a very special baby. It's going to be a good few weeks for all of the things that are going on. Life doesn't stop at Christmas, it is really only beginning of life! I have several meetings, services and meals to attend, hoping that all are fruitful!

3 comments:

BK said...

I can't believe that the beginning of Advent is here either! How is your Bible-in-a-year reading plan going? I just finished my 90-Day plan last Wednesday. I can honestly say that in my thirty-two years of life, that was the first time that I had read all the way through. So sorry to ramble on. Just wanted to let you know that I enjoy your blog very much so. Take care and God Bless!

Liz said...

Hi Brian,

Thank you! I will try and blog more often.

Bible in a year is good, not behind at the moment, but trying to link and remember everything! Congratulations on completing yours! Have you found it helpful?

God Bless,

BK said...

I have found it extremely helpful. It was amazing to me that the particular books/chapters that I read some days were exactly what I needed, especially at work.

It also proved helpful, because I was a smoker since I was thirteen years old and back on the 6th of September I decided to give it up. I used quitting aids (patch) for two weeks and then just went cold turkey. Here I am now approaching three months and still smoke-free. The biggest thing was asking for the help from the Lord, for I know that I could not do it alone and I think that was the problem in the past.