Monday, March 05, 2007

Youth Alpha Weekend away...

You know it!! Seriously, I post about nothing else at the moment!

The weekend away was really good, despite the rain, all the way there, and all the way back, but not on the saturday, when we were out and about terrorising the people of swadlincote and Burton!! We learnt all about the Holy Spirit, thanks to my wonderful sister, who I am sooooo proud of. Its tough to talk to a youth group who you've never met before and get on with them, but she did really well.

Spending a weekend with the Youth Alpha gang has helped everything in the relationship stakes, everyone is closer, and we got through the worst part of the weekend (Sunday mornings are when everyone is tired and bitchy) without any tears (apart from mine).

So we've got a couple of weeks left and then Easter, wherewe're off to Spring Harvest - I survived a weekend, but will I survive 5 days with even more teenagers?

No comments: