Saturday, May 10, 2008

The rest of the week

After the explosion on Wednesday, we had several little 'blips' on Thursday, with the power going out for a very short time, leaving us to reboot our computers and hope that everything would be normal when we logged in. Sadly that was not the case...one of the main servers went down and left us with no email capabilities for a whole afternoon. We were also told to be very careful about how we use our system that keeps track of the financial side of things...so I found it difficult to do my job, and I'd completely exhausted myself the day before, because a centre decided to set up a parents group and not tell us until the afternoon before that transport was needed...unfortunately it takes longer than writing an email to set up transport.

I think I'm going to push for a job swap day...that could be interesting!

On other things, I have recovered from my lack of sleep last weekend, I have had a phone call about various aspects of a potential career move, including a green light to apply for a MA, I've also fallen in love with Scouting for Girls...and out of love with Girls Aloud. I'm also waiting for the new Patricia Cornwell novel...

Right, time to put suncream on, shut all the windows and prepare for my driving lesson.

P.S. The evolution of birds is in a bad way when wood pigeons decide to walk everywhere.

No comments: