Monday, May 19, 2008

Pondering...

I've just flicked through a few of the blogs by clicking the 'next blog' button at the top of the screen, and come across some unusual snippets of people's lives and I have realised that people use blogs for everything. I'm sure I've ranted about this before, but I can't help thinking about how many bloggers there are in the world and which ones are the most popular, and which ones get read by just close friends and family. It's amazing what people observe and what is most important in their lives.

Right now, mine is a potential job move, and what's going on down the road. Sadly another ambulance has been called into the street (there was one to greet me as I walked to the bus a couple of weeks ago), causing both my brothers an unusual amount of caution as they go down our incredibly straight road. I don't think I know the people that live in the house the ambulance is sat outside of, but I do worry for their well being.

The world does depress me sometimes, reading my sister's most recent blog, about violent crime amongst young girls, is deeply disturbing, and seeing the state of the housing market and the education system in the current climate makes me think about whether bringing children into this world is a good idea, and further from home, the news sends us pictures every day of the devastation in China and Burma. I can't imagine that any grief I've ever felt in my life comes anywhere near to just one person's in those countries.

Of course I live in hope (but feel powerless because politics passes me by) that it will get better, if only slightly, in the future. I can only pray, because, as I read in an email that was sent round the office this morning, 'all we have is God'. When all is said and done, God is my steadfast, the one thing in my life that never changes and the one thing that keeps me going...The belief that I am loved, even when the world lacks it.

No comments: