Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Blogging at work...

I am only doing this cos I have 30 mins to kill before we set out for the Race for Business.

I guess I am also doing it because I have some important news to share with you.

I'm leaving the Council on 11th July to become a full time youth worker at Christ Church.

Sorry for the horrible silence for the past couple of weeks, but everything has been building up to it, and various other things have happened too.

Though mainly thoughts of an interview and a potentially uncertain future were holding me back from laying anything down, both in writing and personally.

So I have spent a lot of time keeping this under my belt, trying not to step on peoples toes, yet feeling encouraged at the same time that God has a plan and I was able to be totally honest with my colleagues at the council...

Well, I didn't get to post before the Race For Business...I did 3.5 miles in under 50 mins, which is ok for someone who does very little exercise. I am suffering for it this morning though!

This morning our system is down for an upgrade, so we can't do very much...I guess I'll spend my time thinking about whats ahead of me and start to think about where I'm going to live and what I can do during the hand over period, I also have to think about leaving cakes and a 'do' of some sort...

I am scared, I will have to take my time to get used to this and I have to realise that I can not do everything on my own, nor do I already know everything...another learning curve, just when this one had levelled out a bit too!

I love it, I know I'm going to enjoy it, and I know that I'm going to miss working in a team that has felt like a family, despite all the changes, over the last 8 months...

No comments: