Sunday, June 29, 2008

Saying Goodbye

Not a lot has been going on recently...we're heading quickly towards the SOLID youth festival, which means that there will be at least one weekend in the years to come where little or no sleep is the only option. I'm looking forward to it, I'm a leader, as well as a member of the prayer ministry team, so something is bound to happen during the weekend...a chance for me to find out about the young people who will be a part of my life, to chat to other youth leaders and find out what is going on in the diocese and Essex, so that I can start my full time job with the right attitude and support.

Before then though is Wednesday, a big day for two reasons - its driving test day and I'm going back to The Barn for a chat about a weekend away that I'm doing at the end of July. I'm scared about both. I haven't been to the Barn since I finished volunteering with Viz-a-Viz and obviously, passing my test before I hit 24 is a BIG goal, so hopefully theres enough time of me to do exactly that.

At the moment I'm on my own, my parents and male siblings are away on holiday (Kent and Costa Rica respectively) so I've got an empty house to look after and a bus or two to catch for my journey into work. So I spent all of yesterday preparing for the week ahead, shopping and cooking...planning is a God send, as are freezers and fridges!

I do enjoy living on my own, but finding somewhere to do just that is proving difficult. Billericay is an expensive place to live right now. So I'm praying for somewhere to live and for my patience too.

I'm looking forward to starting a new job, I'm worried about leaving the old one though. I've had several people phone me and ask why my name isn't on the list for the new teams (the office is changing again), I've had to tell them that I'm going on to something else...I have never met these people, if they crossed me in the street I would be unaware of their presence, but they are all shocked that I'm leaving. For some reason they enjoy workng with me...the last ten months has been a curve...I'm going to keep saying that I'm going to miss working with a team 8 hours of the day, dreading working on my own and that I have memories of all these people, when it was hard and when it's been funny.

But God has been there every step of the way!!

No comments: