Friday, July 31, 2009

Back from the boat

I did have a wonderful picture of the boat, but in my tiredness at the end of camp I deleted it. so no picture of the boat, but rest assured I will find one and show you all where I lived for four days.

It was my first experience of living on a ship, so I was a little apprehensive to say the least. How often do you get to stand on a ship that is purpose build for Christian Mission, but doesn't sail anywhere? I don;t get the chance that often, but I would recommend it to everyone.

My prayers were answers a hundred times over and more. I started the week with a migraine, but that disappeared soon, I had already been away for two days at the start of camp, but by the time the young people arrived, I felt no different than if I'd have started the same day as them. The leadership team worked perfectly together and the FACT team just fitted in amazingly! The young people as well were fantastic. I got to spend time talking to all of them, and the questions that were thrown in the leaders direction were the tough ones that some adults don't even consider asking, or the answer has been debated for hundreds of years! I felt blessed for meeting so many wonderful people by yesterday evening when it came to debrief time!

Also I feel incredibly fortunate that I have a wonderful boyfriend, who helped me to relax, yesterday and today! There's nothing stressful about being allowed to catch up on all the TV I've missed!

Tomorrow I'm going to visit my sister and continue the start of the summer on a definite high!

1 comment:

John Cowart said...

As a seacoast town, Jacksonville often receives visits from ships dedicated to Christian missionary work, especially missions aimed for the Caribbean and South America.

I'm glad you participated in your own boat experience, sounds both useful and fun.