Monday, November 30, 2009

Happy New Year!

No, I'm not a month early. It's the start of the liturgical year for the Church of England.



We celebrate the new year by inviting the community to the Advent Carol Service. We decorate the tree and invite choirs from the schools to join us. The picture is of the church and the dance group.

This year we told the story of the visits of the angels. It was a really good service again. It was well attended and very well laid out. The story is always good, and when you take it from a different perspective you can get a lot more out of it. So I'd challenge you to look at the story from a different side this year.

Warner's message was really good and part of the reason why I'm blogging today.

Unfortunately, I'm really not very well today. I'm full of cold, which really affects my sense of balance and general well being. I've been putting off being ill for quite a while...if I can say that. You know when you just know you can't be ill, but the moment the event that you're building up to is over, you just let it happen...so that's what has happened. This weekend was a big one for so many different reasons. Now I'm taking the time out to recover.

Youthwork: The conference was tough. A lot to take in, more to listen to and lots of resources to read through and use. I love the schoolswork.co.uk playing cards and will be using them in school and youth group soon.

Here's to a fruitful start to the year... and a get well soon mentality...

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I've seen the schoolswork.co.uk playing cards too - think they look like great discussion starters :)

Hope you feel better soon.

John Cowart said...

Sorry that you are not feeling well. Hope it's just normal after-event exhaustion and not flu.

Get well soon.