Thursday, November 19, 2009

Time away

Today sees the return to Youthwork: The Conference in Eastbourne. We're heading to the whole of the conference again. Retreat day and main conference.

I'm looking forward to the drive down with Alice and Phil, and then spending time with Karen and the lot from Luton, as well as catching up with the Billericay guys and girls.

I'm apprehensive, I know what happened last year, and I hope that this year I will be able to get the same out of it.

One thing I'm disappointed about already is that there's no party! Last year's was so much fun...I don't know why hey aren't doing one...

Yesterday I spent a whole day in Luton with people from the St Albans Diocese, learning about working with boys. Lucinda Neall is very good, I would recommend her for training to anyone. I got a lot out of what she said can be applied to working with young people, but it's particularly good for working with boys.

I'm going to see if I can get her to come to the Chelmsford area!

No comments: