Monday, October 09, 2006

At last

It's taken me forever to get here so I can only be brief! I've spent the whole day in prep mode and I'm pretty much ready for the run up to Christmas now, which is amazingly efficient of me, don't you think.

I spent the weekend doing a lot of things that I've done before, namely watching football and eating with my old Uni mates and doing a youth service (with some really adventurous things) so I'm having flashbacks from years ago, regarding how we used to do things and actually how not a lot is different from Christ church youth services.
I spent Saturday lunch time in Worcester, planning wedding invitations and discussing numbers with the lady who is going to be making them. Its a little on the expensive side, but I can assure you that its well worth the money, if you get an invite you'll know!! I'm really happy with the service I'm getting, its only a two person business, but they are the most professional people I've met so far, and their business is established and well run.

Saturday afternoon was brilliant, just sat watching the football, and despite the way England played (no we don't need Beckham back in the team, that is not a solution), I had an awesome time with Lisa and Orla. We went for dinner afterwards and talked about various people, before I had to catch the Bus back to Gloucester. On my way back to Bristol I met someone who was going back to Parkway and we had a really long chat about Cheltenham and Bristol, which was cool!

Sunday was uber busy, I had some sleep in the afternoon to catch up with what I lost on the Saturday. The youth service went extremely well, and I'm really proud of the whole youth group. They did a brilliant job, got a good reaction from the congregation when they sent te creed to everyone's mobile in text form (must share that with you some time!!), and the drama was a big hit! People are still talking about it and probably will for a while! The next one is a big event for two members and Trev and I are up for serving at communion (Dad, help me with the jargon!).

It's difficult to be brief when there is so much going on! ;-) Back to a properly empty house now, for the first time, and it will last for two months.

No comments: