Saturday, November 04, 2006

Back in Bristol

And back to work, almost immediately! It was all good fun on Friday. Graduation is a joy no matter who is the graduand. I spent a good three hours in my gown and hood, of which there will be photos to follow, just a soon as I get them on to my laptop and downloaded. That's currently in the office - so I have to do it when I have some free time, because I can't get my laptop on to the network at home! Joy.
I saw the housemate I didn't want to see and we successfully avoided each other for the whole day. I got to see all of the housemates I wanted to see though, which made my day. We spent a bit of time with them, reminiscing about what its like to watch someone cut themselves off from a good group of girls. I promise that is the last time I mention the housemate who I dislike!

So graduation happened, almost without fault. I got my name in the programme, I shook hands with the Rt Rev and Rt Hon Lord Carey of Clifton and he spoke to me, asked me if I enjoyed the course - well what could I say, I was hoping to get some more out of him, but you can't really discuss deep theological matters - like women bishops, on stage, in front of a thousand people! The fault? My gown, hood and mortar board were nowhere to be seen when I arrived. We paid for it, but the website was awful - well the day had to go wrong somewhere. That was sorted in a matter of minutes though, so I wasn't too fussed by it! Everything else was fine, lunch, drinks in the su bar and getting back to Bristol in time to cook dinner and be the first to arrive at work.

We had 50 young people at RE:fresh, which is a brilliant number. Its amazing what the cold can do, but some still insisted on sitting outside! Whatever floats your boat. It's becoming a really good place to see the youth and their friends, who we're not in regular contact with. Ant managed to get the names of everyone, which was awesome! Well done!

Tomorrow finds me leading RS2 and going to The Mix. Fun.

Finally - relationships are funny things, friendship is a difficult concept when love is involved. Cryptic? I think!!

No comments: