Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Beautifully done...

The (almost) finished article! Doesn't it look amazing? Shortly after this photo was taken both of my brothers decided to dive on to the bed.

There are many people to thank for the look of this room - my Mum, who provided support in the form of edge painting, cleaning, new bedding and most importantly lunch on Saturday, my Dad, who filled in all the cracks, built the bed and gave advice, Mandy and Rob who did all of the painting, and my sister for allowing me to have a double bed (cos it wouldn't look right with a single!).

I love it, I can't believe its real and the mattress I'm now sleeping on has made my back problems easier to deal with. Now all I have to worry about is which side I sleep on.

There is a little more to do, you can't see it, but my Dad has helpfully pointed out that I need to finish the window surround and the sill (one coat of gloss and two coats of bright pink). Thats a job for Monday of next week, right now I need to recover from a sore throat.

1 comment:

Di said...

Wow, Liz, your room looks amazing! Where did you get the inspiration from? We are about to move house again, and I want to decorate it properly this time, and not just functionally! Hope your sore throat gets better,

Love Di x