Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Well, well, well...

...a hole in the ground!

Which is precisely where the whole of the England team should be hiding tonight, after an absolutely dismal performance against Croatia.

I think my Mum is right when she says everyone thinks we have the right to be in any football competition, just because we're English (and, if you believe some people, because we practically invented sport). We don't and we need to work harder, with more passion and a belief that we can win, not that it should all be automatic (after all who wants to watch a team who are so big headed they think they can play in their sleep?).

Heads will roll.

So while I'm ripping some CD's to put on my new MP3 player, I'll update you on life.

Work is going really well, I'm balancing stress and happiness quite well, we're only 3 team members down at the moment, and things could be a lot worse. We've had a new temp join us and as we head towards Christmas I'm happy that the hours I'm doing will buy some nice presents!

Work is pretty much all-consuming right now. The new youth group kicked off last week with some success, so I'm happy with that. I'm also volunteering at a school during Friday lunchtimes (ah ha a chance to get out of the office!) which is good fun.

My room is 99% done, just a clock and some pictures to put up, and a bookcase to purchase!

This weekend I'm going to see Phantom of the Opera for a special friend's birthday and last weekend I spent time with my old housemates (which made me ill!). Only one piece of news that has upset me this week - a friend who I thought was going to be around for Christmas and New Year has decided to stay where he is for a little longer...Good for him, I do miss him though!

Right, I'm on my last CD!

1 comment:

Pete said...

Well, well, well, who filled in the other two?