Thursday, November 01, 2007

Oi Vey!

What a busy time I'm having!

Last weekend I was taking part in Slum Survivor at the Billericay Baptist Church.
We were raising awareness and money for those who live in slums around the world, in worse conditions than we actually stayed in.
If you'd like to give some money, click on the widget!




We had a guy from CVII come and tell us about his work in Columbia, working with street children. Some of the stories are actually quite shocking, particularly the way the police treat small children. I was actually really shaken by all of them and can't imagine how anyone can treat a child like that. So I'm praying about what I should do.

The rest of my time has been spent preparing my room for some painting. It's going to be pink by the end of the weekend and hopefully with a new bed, which is arriving tomorrow. I've got some help from some very good friend of mine, so fingers crossed, we'll have lots done by the time we have to leave for the fireworks on Saturday evening! Because if we don't I'll be sleeping on the floor for another week!

Work continues to please me, I'm actually getting the hang of it now. We're enjoying a lull in the amount of work we're getting right now, my colleague and I seem to be as on top of things as possible, so when an urgent job comes in there's not a lot of panic... I am enjoying it, there have been a few blonde moments, but generally I'm happy.

I'm also going to be doing some volunteering for Envision during Friday lunch times which will greatly help my application for teacher training (when I get round to it) and will also get me out of the office on a Friday for an hour or so.

Life is good at the moment...I'm lacking a little bit of direction, but I'm happy...hopefully once my bedroom is finished I'll be blogging a bit more.

No comments: