Wednesday, January 16, 2008

The Talk

I know I'm probably going to make this sound a little bit over dramatic, but

THE TALK IS FINISHED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, now all I have to do is try not to change it too much before Sunday (because finished just means 'all of my ideas are in some kind of word order, but not the eventual order I will use') and, of course, practice it. I also have to purchase some surprises and make sure I've done my flash cards too. Sounds all really exciting doesn't it...

My vicar ever so kindly asked if everything was going ok (Thank you Warner, I hope everything goes well for you) and I said 'yes, of course it is! I'm looking forward to it', which isn't actually a lie, this is big for me, but not so scary any more. When I was 18 I was scared, but at 23 I'm only a little nervous. I think it helps that I'm going to be well practiced (reading it on the bus to myself counts as practice!).

So after years and years of just observing (being a singer counts as observing) I'm finally a part of the main service, I'm also on the communion rota and will probably be on the intercessors (praying up the front) rota at some point! All for a reason...

Sad news is that my driving lessons are a little sucky right now...the smoothness of the clutch seems to have disappeared and the poor diesel is whining at me a lot...hopefully I'll get better - and perhaps I'll wear different shoes next time!

Kay is coming to stay this weekend to see my bedroom in its full glory...and to hear me talk (apparently she enjoyed it last time!). Yeay!

No comments: