Tuesday, August 18, 2009

The Memories

I've been looking at my blog really quickly to see if I ever mentioned my interview for St Michael's, Stoke Gifford, that I had dinner with the founder of imdb.com and his family, and I don't think I did. The actual post didn't say very much about the day, but was more a couple of photos.

Anyway, the founder of imdb.com is at a showing of The Time Traveler's Wife, which happens to be one of my favourite novels. Once again, I don't think I've mentioned it before now, which is a little strange, considering that Henry introduced me to it and that was a long time ago! Col is at a showing of the movie, which comes from the novel and I am dying to see it. (Ok, so on further investigation, it turns out I have mentioned the release of the movie before now!)

I'm like a die-hard Harry Potter fan about this. Extremely jealous that there's someone I know seeing it before me and wondering all of the time what it's going to be like, whether the characters are going to be just how I imagine them, or whether the director is going to give me a greater insight to what the characters are like. Which bits are going to be missed out (because we all know you can't fit everything in) and which bits are to be deemed central to the story (though I will tell you that all of it is equally important).

I would go to the premier of this one, if I knew when it was!

Umm..

My talk on King Josiah went really well on Sunday - lots of people commented on it, though as always, I think I could've done better. Soon I will set up a blog, like those before me (my dad and sister), for the sole purpose of publishing talks and essays etc!

Last weekend was spent with Chris on Saturday, in London, looking around the Natural History Museum and the Science Museum. I had a really good time, looking at the history of the earth and the technology that has come from F1 cars. We both got to a point where we just said 'enough' and headed home. London was crazy busy, but we got home ok and in time for me to fall asleep before we had to go out again for drinks and dinner with Chris' friends. We spent Sunday sat in Chris' garden, in the wonderful weather, eating some of the best BBQ food!

Friday night was another Shaken Up summer party. I BBQ'd with an instant BBQ for 16 young people! It was a lot of fun after spending Thursday with the older members of the group at Adventure Island.

This week is recovery and preparation for the new term before holiday!

1 comment:

John Cowart said...

Aren't museums great!
Ginny and I spent part of our weekend in a museum too; I posted about it this morning.
The best thing about our trip was finally getting home to take our shoes off!