Wednesday, January 13, 2010

New Year

It's all started with a bit of snow really... a blanket of white across the country, putting a stop on nearly everything... including my ability to connect to the internet.

I'm still having problems with my laptop and the wireless connection. But I know have a Belkin to help me out, so we'll see how well that works.

Christmas this year was hugely busy again, but I really enjoyed myself. Christ Church held three Christingles and saw 619 people, we found out that we were the only church that does this in the knowledge of the Children's Society. I'm not sure how much money we raised but I'm sure everyone was happy.

Christmas Day was full of family fun and cooking for me (depite the tantrum I threw because I was amazingly tired). And the week follwing was holiday time, spent doing lots of things that I've never done before - including spending Boxing day at Chris' and Bank Holiday Monday in the freezing cold shopping and at Ipswich Town Football club (Ipswich won 3-0 and I've become a mascot).

I've had a lot of fun over the last couple of weeks, watching people talk about the best of the decade and the highs and lows of the first ten years of the 21st Century. It's strange to think that I was at the start of my GCSE's, with very little idea of where my life was going and where my faith would take me.

There have been a lot of people helping me and encouraging me to be the best I can and the person that God has called me to be. I'm looking forward to seeing what the next ten years will hold... hopefully I'll still have time to blog!

No comments: