Saturday, February 02, 2013

Les Miserables

Today I went to the cinema with my friend Susie to see Les Miserables. After much planning and missing several opportunities, due to family and work commitments (and not booking early enough for one showing), I finally made it! Can you see that the drama has already got me?

It was a really good. I want to see it again. For me, there wasn't a stand out performance, though it must've been awesome to be a part of it. All of those people singing on a massive stage! It really does make me want to see it in the west end too.

The cinematography was brilliant, really well done and makes you think about production (I am a 'how did they do that?' girl) and I also spotted a glaring continuity problem! It was not hard to miss and distracted me loads from what was going on.

There is a lot if death, and a lot of misery, and it didn't move me as much as I thought it would. Hugh Jackman annoyed me with his warble, which is a shame, because he is a cracking all-round actor.

The theme if forgiveness is really strong, and leaves me wondering what exactly happened to France for it to become a place where wearing a cross causes so much uproar. Also asking what the church has become/will become in the future. Strange I know, but it is a thing that I have been thinking about. How do we serve those on the margins of society?

Anyway, I will sit and wonder a while, and see which songs I already own!

P.S. general public - if you know a movie might make you sniffly, please bring a tissue with you, everyone loves someone blowing there nose so much more than your sniffling!!

No comments: