Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Stand conference

I have been using the blogger app for the iPhone and it doesn't automatically save posts. I have just lost 35 mins of writing! Grr! I had a lovely long, poetic story about being at a conference for 20's and 30's on Saturday, something really heartfelt, but tech and human error have let me down (all because I am so used to saying 'no' when asked for permission for something).

So here is the abridged version, because I don't have 35 mins to write you another post!

Stand is amazing, it's a connection made through an email from my vicar, it is something that I am so happy about being connected to, and a place where I can see the growth and the need.

20's and 30's specific in and out reach is vital for the sustainability of the church. In because there is a strange lack of understanding the Bible, faith and the Holy Spirit and out for, well, the same reasons! I am privileged that this is already happening where I live, and has been growing for over a year.

Stand conference was a very well don 'in' event, the worship was brilliant and the teaching from Lin Button was astonishing! Two things that struck me

'God is fond of me' I am loved, I am cherished and I should not believe the lies that are told to me by the world. Being a strong and confident, blessed young woman is important and understanding God's calling or purpose is important too.

At the end of time, as the new heaven and earth are created, I will get a new name. It's somewhere in revelation, but I am excited about that, and God spoke so clearly about a new name for now that I wrote it down and won't forget it for a long time! What he wants to do with it, I have no clue, so I will keep on asking.

If you're involved in 20's and 30's work, either in or out, get in touch and let's get connected!

No comments: