Sunday, November 27, 2005

Love

It's a strange thing. We were asked the question - Have you ever felt love in any way? It's surprising the amount of people who don't immediately put their hands up or nod in a satisfactory way. Society attaches love to relationship love, eros, for those of you studying greek. Boy/girl, can't keep your hands off them love. Ok so I thought of Henry first off and had to be reminded that my friends, my parents and my siblings all love me, in one way or another.

So in fact we are all loved, by someone (probably more than one person) at any one time. One of the chain emails that goes around is 'someone is thinking of you right now', and then it gets all soppy after that, but it is true. Ok, most people find that hard to figure, but I don't. I know God always loves me and is always thinking of me. Even when I'm in the darkest place, hiding from the lamp on the stand ("Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house" Matt 5:15). God is there, thinking of me, us. We are not alone (that is a tagline, but I don't where from). We ARE loved.

I was going to give my testimony, but there wasn't enough time, so maybe its not right for me to tell it just yet. There are things we all need to think about...

"You...may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge —that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God" Ephesians 3:17-19

It's tough being in this world, but God loves us to the ends of the earth, and that's when we are closest to Him!

P.S. No I didn't hand write it all, click here to find out why!

No comments: