Monday, June 25, 2007

Making a tough decision...

Some thoughts while I''ve got some time to myself.

I've decided, with encouragement, to stop searching for jobs that don't suit me. Namely youth ministry jobs. It's been a tough decision to make, as it means leaving what I know and heading home to take time out. I say 'with encouragement' because everyone I have spoken to recognises that God doesn't always speak clearly or loudly in words. The people around me right now understand that a job maybe the end of me, rather than the beginning of God's work in me.

So for those of you who live in the east of the country, be aware, I'm moving home. Another decision that wasn't taken lightly. I'm almost 23 (18 July - I expect gifts!) so it's going to be interesting to be living at home again, after being away for what feels like forever. Thankfully again, I have a great family, who will support me, and friends who will be encouraging.

And finally, what next? There are so many doors to test, and see which one God wants me to walk through. I know I have people praying for me and I'm praying myself, trying not to shut out what God is saying.

I've only got a month left in Bristol and it's starting to dawn on me that my time here (in this beautiful place, full of God's love) is coming to an end.

Pray for those who have a busy week, for those who are heading to Telford for the Student Age Pastorate Weekend away (all 20 of us!), for those who are coping with difficult situations and for all who are seeking God in life, every day.

No comments: