Sunday, September 09, 2007

You First

What a week! It started with the car and continued in a similar crazy fashion.

My lickle brother turned 18 on Thursday so now there is a house full of adults...which has its ups and downs as always. We had good fun celebrating and after the disappointment of Tuesday night (the boys lost their 5-a-side football match 9-5) we needed some cheering up. I'm still really trying to get over going out on Friday - I think that bad nightclubs are the reason why I don't enjoy myself when I go out. Essex just doesn't have the same idea as some of the nightclubs I've been to. I won't rant about it, cos I will just bore you, but its got a lot to do with dance music and having one big room rather than lots of floors for different music.

Yesterday was spent with the extended family, where I got the mick taken out of my constantly. Not good. And quite annoyed that I let it get to me so badly.

Today was the day of 101 things to do at church. Dad was preaching (is sermon - which was really good is here) and serving, Mum was down for drinks after the service and doing the projector during... as Mum always does, she panicked before asking if I wanted to help! D'uh. So I was on the projector this morning and helped with drinks too.

The majority of the afternoon was spent in front of the TV - watching F1 and the rugby! Then it was off to church again to see what Mark's idea for alternative worship is. I really enjoyed discussing the questions he had asked us about the beattitudes in Matt 5. The Message version is a lot different from the NIV and the questions that Mark asked where:

Which beattitude describes you best?

Which beattitude challenges you the most?

Which beattitude can change the world?

Now you might find those questions easy or really difficult (the first one for me is the hardest to answer), but how ever you feel about them, you should feel inspired that God is calling us to be a people that isn't 'me first'.

Who is God calling you to be? Another question that is filling my head. At 22 I thought I knew who I was, what I was meant to do, but God has shown me otherwise and now I have to find who it is that God is calling me to be. At 23 I'm a little lost, those who know me well will know that the last 12 months have been a struggle, hopefully the next 12 will help me to find my feet.

This week pray 'you first' and see how you get on.

No comments: