Saturday, September 01, 2007

One for the traveller!

Karen...this one is specifically for you as international calling is a little too expensive!

Dad making a complete hash of lunch today...

Camera phones can be so useful!

He thought he was being clever by using the microwave to heat the spaghetti, he didn't give much thought to how hot the bowl was going to be when it came out, so half of it ended up on the work top, with me in stitches! I then proceeded to use the oven glove that is available, like every other sensible human being!


Work this week has being interesting. I'm currently working for the education transport department, doing call backs to parents/carers who are concerned about their/a child's transport to school. The last week and the next two are the busiest for the department apparently, what with school and college starting during September. I'm trying to get to grips with a system that I have very little knowledge of and also fit into the office way of life.

I have never worked in an office with regular hours before, but I'm getting used to it. There is a lot to learn and ideas to get to grips with. Essex County Council is a very busy place. I'm having to learn to listen with both ears separately - those who have worked in the office for just a few months have the amazing ability to listen to the conversation that is going on in the office and have a conversation on the phone too!

We went out of drinks yesterday, so I'm getting to know them all slowly but surely. I have realised really quickly that its an office that changes constantly - the only really fixed element is the system that the council uses!

The rest of life is just that! I get home and theres not a lot to do! Once term kicks off though, I'm sure I'll be able to fill my evenings - the boys have football on Tuesday, alpha on Wednesday, I'm going to start exercising to just so that I start sleeping properly! Its driving me nuts waking up in the middle of the night!

Anyway - Karen I hope the rest of your time in Canada serves you well. I suggest sleeping for the 18 hour bus journey! Or have you picked up any good books while you've been out there?

No comments: