Wednesday, August 22, 2007

On the move...

Not only am I going to Bristol for a couple of days this weekend, I'm also starting a new job on Tuesday morning with the council! Exciting, eh?

The last two weeks have been a little on the crazy side, and so much of a roller coaster, its been hard to get to grips with just what is happening in my life. Just a week ago I was saying goodbye to a very good friend of mine, he's now on a ship somewhere and it's difficult to keep up with him! That was a sad occasion and I'm looking forward to seeing him when he eventually gets back.

Last Friday I was saying hello to Kay, who is a very good friend. I've pretty much spoken to her every day since I left Bristol, now whenever I'm on the phone my parents don't need to ask who I'm talking to! I'm off to see her tomorrow, spend a couple of days in Stoke Gifford before starting my new job. It was really good fun having Kay stay in Billericay for a few days, I really enjoy her company! Unfortunately she'd built Essex up to be something that, well, frankly it isn't and going out on Saturday night didn't much help her impressions! Still we had a lot of fun and we're happy at the end of the night! When she left on Sunday, I was not in a happy mood. The sore throat that I'd gotten from drinking too much completely wiped me out, so I went to bed.

Monday was spent mainly feeling sorry for myself, although I did end up going out with my brother and his mates in the evening. The night started off well, but I hit a point where I just could not be bothered any more. I don't know if you've ever experienced a change in attitude quickly (otherwise known as a mood swing), one thats so quick, you're caught by surprise? I was completely, and I realised that I have been in self destruct mode for a few weeks. I wasn't happy when I woke up on Tuesday and felt even lower walking into the job centre to claim my JSA (which rather ironically I won't have to do any more as my circumstances have changed!), so I'm doing something about it.

That's enough of that! I'm just going to draw your attention to a new link on the side panel. Its the blog of a magazine, and a very good read.

Right, off to pack!!

P.S. How is it that sex sells everything? From Paint (Dulux during Ugly Betty at 11am this morning) to Fabric conditioner - I am so shocked, why can't we just have cute babies and dogs again?

P.P.S. (Because another entry would be crazy) My brother is currently playing music in our drive that is so loud I can hear all of the words, and I would turn it down if the sound system was in the same room. No where to escape!

No comments: