Wednesday, September 24, 2008

'I'll pray for you'

What do you think of when you hear this? Is it a comfort or annoying to you?

I've been involved recently in a conversation about this phrase, some people think it's great, that they've got a lot of people they say this to and they hope it makes a difference, other people (who have it said to them) find it condescending.

Someone said 'Why don't you go and do something useful...feed starving children in Africa or save an animal'.

My response was a little angry, not all of us are called to feed starving children or look after animals...I believe that I'm called to pray for those who do and don't have faith, that God might help them in their day to day issues, even if they don't see it.

I'll keep praying...what are you going to do?

No comments: