Friday, May 01, 2009

At St John's

For a little over a year and a half I've been spending my Thursday evenings at St John's Church in the Outwood common area of Billericay. And I'm sure I said this last summer, but didn't take a photo, but look at this


The stained glass windows in the Church are illuminated for a couple of minutes at this time of year when the sun is right. The are like a beacon in the dark church, it's amazing!

This is the other picture I've been meaning to share, its the cross we used for our lessons on Jesus, in our secondary school jaunt! it's quite a powerful image for a lot of people, and the amount of 'what's that?' we got whilst we were carrying it around school was really cool.

St John's is something that is at the centre of my working life, it's something that I think and care about a lot and it would be a shame to see it fold... we're really struggling for leaders at the moment, but we're fully aware that the young people love being in the church and it would be really hard for us to let go. We have a really good relationship with a lot of the young people, not without issues sometimes, but we want to show them that they are loved and cared for, we can't do that without leaders to show by example!

1 comment:

John Cowart said...

Your plain rough cross speaks to me more than the beautiful stained glass windows.