Friday, May 15, 2009

Recreational Pursuits!

So CSI wasn't all it's cracked up to be...it was more conversational and character interaction based than ever before, and for me that just doesn't work. I hope next week it gets back to normal and we're given a story that follows the facts and the evidence. I think after 200 episodes they may be running out of ideas for unusual deaths... we've had zombies, talking corpses and series crossovers, to name only a small handful of story lines, there is only so much, as a fan that I can take of montages and character development that doesn't actually give you anything extra (i.e. in Vegas, we haven't seen Catherine's daughter Lindsey for a while and Greg and Nick don't seem to do anything outside of work, plus we don't know a lot about Riley Adams, other than she's female and Warrick's replacement).

On the other hand I am totally captured by Patrick Jane, who is the lead character in The Mentalist, which is currently airing on Five and one of my favourite TV shows. He's an awesomely well written character who's actions are explained by the people he's trying to get an answer out of. If you haven't caught an episode yet, it's free on Demand Five, go and have a look now!

I have learnt today that I'm useless at Wii tennis and boxing, but that I'm getting better at SingSTAR!

No comments: