Thursday, May 07, 2009

Reading and Walking

Yesterday saw the second 'The Gathering' event - this one was a 'takeway' - which is kind of a facilitator for young people, a practical teaching and we were focusing on personal worship. It's always a good idea to listen to how others do things and develop them for yourself.

So to read a verse slowly three times and then pause to see what God says about it was a first time and very interesting experience for me. I sat in St Mary's with a kneeler under my bum to stop me from getting too cold, away from everyone else, with a pencil and a piece of paper and a bible open at psalm 139. I got something from it, I will go back to it and test it.

Try it, perhaps with your favourite passage or scripture that you've never read or haven't read in a long time, see what you get.

Bank Holiday was eclipsed by a huge amount of pain after walking from Luton to St Albans - which in total was 15 miles. I completely seized up, because I don't do any exercise at all. So I have to start doing something that will work my heart and then figure out which exercises are best to keep me in shape so I reach 50 at least without any major problems. At 24 I shouldn't be crying with pain from just walking.

1 comment:

John Cowart said...

Ah, the pain of unaccustomed exercise. And you at 24. This weekend my wife and I bought some chairs at an estate sale which involved climbing to the 3rd story of an old house. I haven't climbed more than six stairs at the library in ages. Today, my 70-year-old joints agonize. What do they say, use it or loose it.