Tuesday, May 12, 2009

The Solution

It seems that every time I go to blog, I get as far as signing in and then the internet connection dies... so here's my fourth attempt in two days... I implore you never to buy a dell laptop.

So the solution to my bank holiday pain and John's stair related issues, is to exercise, to use the limbs, that seized up so dramatically, regularly and at a faster pace than normal.
So yesterday I walked to work, it took me 28 mins, and although I didn't time the journey back, it was probably very similar. My brother then decided that we were going for a quick walk. He’s about 6 foot and has really long legs, so a longer stride, he also plays football three times a week plus training, so a walk down the hill and back up again is nothing for him, but a huge effort for me. It took 11 mins and is something that I should be doing every other day for the next couple of weeks and then ‘stepping it up’ to every day, moving on to a further distance and eventually running. You do have to start somewhere and I think this is probably the best place for me.
The good news is that I didn’t over strain myself, I didn’t get a stitch and I was only in a small amount of pain this morning.
The bad news is that my right hip joint was where most of the pain was, which makes driving painful (and I think it’s definitely an injury that I’ve gotten since I started driving).
So the plan for the sunny months, at least, is to work up to running and getting fit, then maybe the winter will bring a gym membership and a chance to run indoors and start doing something a little more complicated.

This is my 600th post, which nicely coincides with the 200th episode of CSI Vegas tonight, which after the departure of Gil Grisson and Sarah Sidle, I’m looking forward to seeing what they’ve got. We had a hostage situation last week, so we’ll see where we go. I’m also sad that Heroes finished last night, but as always with this particular set of writers, there’s a twist in the last five minutes (and I fully believe that it’s written to be boring for the first 35 mins), so we shall see how the next chapter plays out, if it gets any crazier though, I’m dropping it!

P.S. I wrote this in word, because the moment I finished writing my first sentence, the internet died! And I've figured out how to stop the html problem I've got too!

No comments: