Thursday, July 08, 2010

SOLID

So July has come around super quick again this year. My second year in charge of the youth festival has brought its challenges already. We're heading away for the weekend to Stubbers, so there's some action packed time ahead for the young people and a chance to meet with God and work through a load of stuff with them, making sure that they are safe and happy for the time we're away. I'm fortunate that they are all sensible for the most part, and I have known most of them for a year already (or in the case of Verity - nearly 18!) so we have a good understanding of each other and hopefully at the end of the weekend it will be better.

Pray for us any way... it's getting bigger for Christ Church and it is super important.

This time last year I was blogging about Take That and a new car, about Solid and about other tiny bits and pieces that were going on. This year I really don't have it clear in my head what is going on... Yes, I've been on holiday, yes I've been cycling and trying to raise money for Stop the Traffik, yes, I'm preparing, slowly and surely for Falcon this year, I have more responsibility with this one. at some point I will be celebrating my 26th birthday.

I will also be celebrating a year with Chris. I won't do too much reflecting on the last year with him, but I have done a lot of things I never thought I would get to do, and I'm looking forward to doing some more things with him in the coming months. He's really wonderful and has made me really happy over the last year.

One of the things that I have mentioned on a number of ocassions is 'The Time Travellers Wife' I have a strange relationship with this book. I can't put it down. This time around is slightly different, since the release of the movie, I've not read the book, but now I have my own copy again I've picked it up to read again, but a lot slower than before. I'm scared of it now. I'll let you know how I get on!

No comments: