Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Labels are Powerful


What does yours say?

I love this advert and I think I could build a whole lesson around it. It's a silly way of getting across a serious message... everyone gets a label at some point in their life. It is important that we try not to label or stereotype people.

I could use the episode of Glee where they have t-shirts with the things that they don't like about themsleves, and talk about bullying, which is often provoked by the labels we give people.

And for the sprinkling of faith, I could end with cardboard testimonies and talk about how we can change our labels, but ultimately Christ will change us more than anyone else... if we accept him as Saviour.

Right, were is a classroom full of young people eager to learn abstract ideas about life?? Oh wait... there's still a couple of weeks till term starts... bummer, better keep this one in a file somewhere of great ideas.

No comments: