Monday, August 13, 2012

The Olympics

It's all over... unlike the beginning, which starts slowly and builds to an opening ceremony, the ending is much more definite and absolute. Watching the flame being extinguished (well, having the gas turned off) was strange. Sixteen days of competition is over, in a moment.

There are so many moments that will be remembered, from Mo and his achievements to Oscar and his world first. In and out of competition, it seems we have done really well. The BBC have excelled themselves (though showing the same montage three times was a bit rubbish) and the competitors have shocked everyone with their humility and thankfulness. The volunteers have turned up, tirelessly and so have our armed forces.

Well done everyone. I am proud of it all.

I am still struggling with those who were allowed to compete so that their countries didn't get thrown out. I haven't figured out which countries are missing and I would really like Rio 2016 to be just a good.

And I loved Take That so much, it made me cry and seeing a photo of them today made me cry.

No comments: