Tuesday, August 07, 2012

Time away!

Good afternoon! (If you knew how long it took me to write 'good' just then, you'd wonder why I'm even bothering!)

I am bothering though, so that I can update you on all the things that have happened since SOLID. It seems like an age ago. so bear with me for a moment!

The last couple of weeks have seen several significant events. Firstly and foremostly, my birthday, you can read a decades worth of adult life here, and see just how much life has changed. I said goodbye to my sister and her husband, and they are now gallivanting round the States, no doubt doing a lot of fun things. I took three days off over my birthday, and they were days I needed, I ended up doing loads, but it was well worth not doing any work!

Then I spent a week preparing for Falcon Afloat. I also visited Guide Camp for the first time ever and said hello again to Verity. She was very sneaky about coming home, but it was really lovely to see her again and listen to all the stories she has, seeing how much she's grown up over the last year and how she's adjusting to the world now she can drink out of a glass and eat cheese!

Saturday came around all too quickly and I found myself travelling to Hutton to meet the team and do all the final bits of prep for going to Tollesbury and living outside of the world for a week. Being part of Falcon has become a pilgrimage, walking up and down the path to the boat is one of the joyful things in my life and made all the better by talking to young people about their hopes and fears for what they would go back to. I have a lot of young people and adults to pray for now. I miss it too. We had our highs and lows, I stepped through my fear of high places (but didn't quite conquer it) and I am still saying I ought to go on a sailing course. It was so good to see team members again and make new friends. We're already looking forward to next year!

Trinity with a new coat of paint


The Friday after Falcon (after being at home for 11 hours) I was on the road going south to see my friend get married and to be a bridesmaid for the fourth time. I have never had so much fun with two families and I hope that the friends I have made will continue to grow and we won't forget each other.  I have a beautiful dress that unfortunately broke on the day, but there are some really nice photos of me in it...


Waiting for photos to be taken!
This week I have been relaxing, watching the Olympics and shopping. I have full cupboards and freezer, so that makes me happy and I feel incredibly blessed that I have the ability to do so. I'm going to the cinema tonight and pub on Thursday to catch up with my friends! :)

No comments: