Sunday, May 22, 2005

One rather wet weekend

It has rained for the best part of 48 hours, I hope the river that runs past the end of our road doesn't flood (I doubt it but wonder!).
Its been a horrible weekend anyway. I didn't start Saturday particularly well. Woken up 10 mins before my alarm went off to a sobbing housemate - she'd done something incredibly stupid the night before whilst drunk. I had to calm her down and spent ten minutes in the shower praying for her.
Training was good. The people I'm working with are really nice, they've all got really good ideas of how we can get the children we're working with in July to understand how much fun university is. Came home and watched the second half of the FA Cup final - C'mon Arsenal! Penalties always get my so wound up!
Found out that my housemates great nan had died - quite a shock for me and her.
Dinner and then the Path, I'm not being really challenged by anything that is said, though Jamie (of Quench fame) did a really good worship session.
I had to leave early due housemate and her stupidity.
Sunday was good - two really good meals, one pub and one roast - I've eaten too much today and it shows! Now I'm just sitting back and reflecting on the weekend. One thing that struck me as I was walking though town after a long day on Saturday was the rainbow - read this to find out why
Genesis 9
12 And God said, This is the sign of the covenant I am making between me and you and every living creature with you, a covenant for all generations to come:
13 I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth.
14 Whenever I bring clouds over the earth and the rainbow appears in the clouds,
15 I will remember my covenant between me and you and all living creatures of every kind. Never again will the waters become a flood to destroy all life.
16 Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth.
17 So God said to Noah, This is the sign of the covenant I have established between me and all life on the earth.
(NIV translation, thanks to BibleGateway)
It hit me that we're loved and have been in a very special relationship since the very beginning - no matter when that was - it started and it hasn't finished!
We went on to talk about Covenants at the Path!!

Question - How much do you give? This week has been Christian Aid week and we've been considering how much Fusion (as a group and individuals) give as a sign of commitment to God. He gives back in abundance when you give! So think about it! Where can you give (to a charity or organisation) and how much can you give this week? This month? This year?

1 comment:

Karen said...

I'm glad you saw a rainbow. I missed the one over luton because I was in church. We all need to be reminded of God's promises!