Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Dissertation amongst other things....

I had a very, very productive day yesterday. I got the first chapter of my dissertation done! Now you're probably all thinking @an introduction can't be that hard' - well diss's are a funny thing, you don't write them in order. Therefore, I have done the main bulk of research and put it into my own words - all 2,930 of them! 430 words over the count (if divided equally) but never-the-less it is done! Well first draft any way! It will have to be changed, because I know my final paragraph is horrible! Now I just have to read it!

The other things...
I got a letter from Canterbury outlining the reasons for my application being declined , it was totally my fault. I'm not enthusiastic enough about teaching. Though would you be enthusiastic about anything if you'd spent more than 3 hours travelling for your interview? Kinda sealed NOT going to Lincoln for me really! So now I have to go through an interview here and hope my wonderful personality stands out in an interview!

I also got an email from the head of the Student Associate Scheme - it looks like I'm going to be moved if I don't get anything back from St Benedicts, which I really don't want. I know some of the students there and I've met with the head of RE who was more than keen to take me on!

Maybe teaching isn't for me? What else can I do though?

2 comments:

Karen said...

Well done for sorting out Diss stuff, glad you are some what back on track!

Do a year out....

Pete said...

Another year out? When do you Girls get to start real life? Don't say 20/07/07!!
There's loads you can do, if you don't teach. Maybe you should consider the other options that you had left behind.
Before then just get your 2.2 hons