Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Radio 1

They just love it don't they - themselves I mean. I've been listening to it all of a good week now, and the music is good (keeps me up to date with pop culture) but they do have a tendency of drawing things out. The Big Weekend happened and they are still harping on about it. Now if you weren't there, or don't know anything about it, it gets a little sickening after 2 days of hearing the same live sets. Which is part of the reason why I love local radio, the music ins't just from the top ten - it spans decades usually (which leaves some people going 'eh, whats this trash?') and they don't harp on about things for days after.

Forgive me for ranting, I love music, don't get me wrong, its a great medium for getting people together, always, but do our musical achievements need to be talked about forever? (Jo Wiley on stage with the Fray (who are awesome))

How's everyone feeling about the current series of Doctor Who? Is it good, bad or just ugly?
I'm enjoying it, I've always said I'm more frightened of the 'human sized' monsters than the CGI monsters - just because the graphics are a little lacking somehow. I've also been watching confidential afterwards, which is a brilliant insight into the world of The Doctor. This weeks episode had me on the edge of my seat!

1 comment:

Pete said...

I'd say, until this weeks one, they were getting a bit repetitive - different monsters - same plot. I'm a fan, so I'll watch it anyway.