Sunday, July 06, 2008

SOLID

Wow...where did the weekend go?

It has gone by in some what of a blur. Friday evening was spent running round like a headless chicken for ten min (so much so that I have mis-placed my phone charger - heres hoping its at work) before Lynn arrived to collect me and my gear for the short trip to Stubbers. We arrived, unloaded the car, put up four tents and ate dinner before the main meeting.

Saturday mornings sleep was interrupted on three occasions - rain, loud teenagers and loud leaders. During the day we sat in the sun and watched the football, listened to some music and avoided getting wet. I've now got a sun burnt face from sitting in the sun all day! I headed back for a catch up sleep and a chance to start the after sun treatment! We had dinner and went to the main meeting, which was intense. I was very proud to see Kate John, my sister's housemate preaching. She's clearly very practiced and a good story teller. It was nice to say hello to her afterwards.

Sunday rolled around after late night drinks and a chance to catch up with some of the girls who had come down for the evening. We packed up in record time, before the rain fell, and despite it only being ten in the morning I now have sun burnt arms to match my face! The final main meeting was a time to celebrate, and share the highs and lows of the weekend. We said goodbye to the young people and got home without any problems.

Overall a good weekend, I've learnt a lot about the young people I was in charge of, about God's grace and his unfailing love for each and everyone of us. I've spent time with some of the people I'm going to be working with for the next couple of years and prayed for healing for many things.

Even when I'm at my most tired, God will bless me in abundance, and give me a glimmer of hope for the future. I'm not a replacement for anyone, I'm creating my own ministry. One thing that keeps hitting me recently is that God hasn't finished yet...this creation thing...its not over by a long way. There's more to be added to the world.

Time to watch Dr Who...

No comments: