Wednesday, July 23, 2008

To view or not to view

I decided not to go for the flat that I veiwed last week. It's a little too small and too expensive. So we keep praying...a house share is looking like a better option, but at the moment I'm holding off on that.

This week has been interesting so far. A good friend of mine is back from his job for a couple of months, so having him around will be nice, he's always welcome and up for doing random things.

I am officially a member of the Billericay and Little Bursted Ministry, having signed my contract yesterday evening at Paul's, there's a huge sense of the word 'team' at the moment, at what it means to be in a ministry that covers a wide area. It looks like there's a lot going on that we don't know about as a team and communication is key! It's all exciting though, I'm going to be visiting the youth groups and seeing how we can use our resources effectively...

The rest of the time has been spent in school (going back into Billericay as a staff member is weird) and preparing for the weekend away with South Green Baptist Church. I'm becoming a children's worker for the weekend, along with three other VaV volunteers (some ex, some current) so it should be a lot of fun...If I can get over the illness that I'm feeling right now. I think a lot of sleep needs to be put in my diary for the next couple of days...

I've been told of the importance of taking time out and booking retreat days, before the work starts coming in. I also need to take time out to study and pray. So discipline comes back into my life in a big way and I have to make sure I stick to it!

God what are you doing in this place?

No comments: