Monday, July 21, 2008

We've come so far...

...and we've reached so high...and we're still so young and we hope for more.

I could go on...and on. If you know the lyric, you'll know the band and you'll have probably heard of the musical. If you're like me, you'll have sung the rest of the song by now and remembered how the musical ends.

I had a brilliant time on Friday night, with Karen in London, seeing Never Forget...it was great to see all the old songs from Take That re-worked but still sing-a-long-able*. I enjoyed almost every part of the night, the only thing I'm suffering for is not wearing comfortable shoes. I have blisters all over my feet...and I'm never walking across London again! It was good to see some friends and family, drinking in a bar near Farringdon.

The photos from the night are on Facebook and if you keep looking you'll also find photos of the main summer event that was held by EVO this weekend.

We had a BBQ, lots of music and a bouncy castle to keep the kids (and adults) entertained. We raised £165 for Little Havens Childrens Hospice (a local charity that looks after children) at the same time. I had so much fun during the day and on into the evening. I thought it would be stressful and really difficult, but God had it all under control and we invited people into the church who were new, which is alway good fun. Enid had spoken at the 8am service about welcoming people into church, and we did just that. It was an ideal event, and we're looking at doing it next year.

I have to write an article or two as well as preparing for the weekend away that's coming up (I've really not got my head around being away for this weekend yet). So back to work!

*it's the only way to describle it - I know its not a word!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice Blog. Which musical is the song you are refering to from?

Liz said...

It's from Never Forget, which is currently showing at The Savoy Theatre in London and the lyric comes from the song of the same name.