Sunday, March 15, 2009

Oh the evidence

Following on from my last post I have the evidence... it's damning, shameful and yes, ridiculous...



Taken this morning, while I was still in my car as you can tell from the bonnet and windscreen wiper in the picture, but you can just see the 'dashes' of double yellow lines... not that I've seen any notice of the restrictions or what the restrictions actually are. I'm sure I'll find out on Monday. The question still remains though... why, when the road is most definitely going to be empty, haven't the line painters closed the road, and finished the job? Is it safer to paint lines between cars?

I know, I just know that as I drive to work tomorrow, I'm going to see cars parked in the 'empty' spaces. And of course, how are they going to police this restriction?

I've asked the question many a time and have never had a satisfactory answer... I've seen people parked outside school when they absolutely should be penalised - for dangerous, on the kerb parking, and there haven't been any traffic wardens around to issue penalties.

Enough... I promise my next post won't be so ridiculous.

No comments: