Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Raising awareness

My sister is doing some fun-draising in her parish, all the details are there in the link...

I'm raising funds in a different way... by raising awareness of several different things this week. Firstly it's fair trade fortnight... so we're holding a couple of cafes at Christ Church and taking part in Go Bananas this Friday... I'm going to have bananas coming out of my ears by the end of the day... but it's all part of your five a day... so give it a go, help a worthy cause, and be part of a world record attempt by registering your group/office/family at Go Bananas!

Secondly, I've been raising awareness for the another group young people I'm working with in Chelmsford. If you've never heard of Envision, it's worth taking a look, by clicking on the link. This year, our project is all about sustainability in the community, creating a recipe book with quick and easy meals, so that during this time of economic downturn, people can find affordable ways of feeding their families. They are Boswell and they are really proud of what they are doing!

So I'm shooting off to Chelmsford to see how the project is going and then coming back to Billericay to work with the fair trade cafe!

No comments: