Friday, June 25, 2010

Feeling the burn

Thankfully not sunburn! it's so hot here that cycling is becoming difficult, I am still attempting to do 20km a day, when I can fit it in, at the moment though, sleep is in order, since I'm finding it even harder to do that!

I'm taking hayfever tablets to combat grass pollen and I'm really excited about going on holiday next week with Chris.

This season of strawberries and tennis has been exciting, Andy Murray is doing well and although all our women have been knocked out, there was a very exciting visit from the Queen yesterday. It's not something she does every year, so it was nice to see her in sky blue and a very pretty hat! Here's hoping the rain stays away. It's nice to see some frilly skirts too. Wimbledon and football, plus a race this weekend means that there is a lot of sport to keep up with!

CTB are holding their annual Praise in the Park at Lake Meadows on Sunday at 11am, so if you're in the area, come and join us!

There's no Christ Church Summer Party this year due to circumstances beyond our control.

I've spent most of my working day in School - St Johns and Mayflower, talking about God and sex and then finishing well. I'm not going to lie, I find both things really hard some times, particularly in a world that is full of lies and a focus on the negative. Some very interesting conversations came out with a lot of the students. I think when we re-start in September, it's going to be really interesting!

1 comment:

jhenny said...

having a kind heart like you is one in a million. thanks God that there's still like you who do that things keep it up....