Monday, May 07, 2012

Clubbing

At the grand old age of 27 (yes, I know I am not the oldest), yesterday evening, I went to a nightclub, in BasVegas. For me, it is more unusual for me to go clubbing as I get older, but I didn't realise it was unusual for everyone else... On a Bank Holiday Sunday, you would traditionally think that nightclubs or nightspots would be heaving with people who don't have to be at work the next day.

Apparently this is no longer the case, where several Christmas' ago I was stood in a crammed bar, waiting 10 mins to get served, this time, I stood in a half empty nightclub, and waited 20 mins to get served.

I love dancing, I like dressing up a little bit and I want to be able to do those things all in one go.

I can't understand why the place was half empty - maybe we should've gone to the nightclub complex next door instead of going to the one bar, but for £2 entry and £1.50 drinks, why wasn't this place packed to the rafters with revellers? It is the first proper weekend after pay day as well. It was like being back at uni!

As a singleton, it is a place to go to see who is out there... so is everyone all coupled up and staying in? Or am I just too old? (However that is a mute point because I was talking to someone who is 2 years older than me at the bar) Is it geography? (BasVegas is not a uni town)

What stops people of my generation or all the 18/21 year olds going out? Is it about being I.D.'d now? I always carry mine with me and the bouncer didn't even want to see it this time! Do people not like being challenged about how young they look? (We had a joke with the bouncer about that)

It's interesting that we are in austerity at the moment, but how are people enjoying themselves?

No comments: