Wednesday, May 02, 2012

Nomination

Versatile Blogger Award « Voice of A Citizen

Apparently I have been nominated for an award for my blogging - so thank you to Edward (you can follow him on twitter).

I am not quite sure what to do now, because I don't think I regularly read 15 blogs that I can link to/nominate, or have ways of telling those people that they have been nominated.

But I can do the 7 things about me, which you may (if you are close to me) or may not (highly likely) know... here goes (this is very much off the top of my head, as are most of my blogs, I have never scheduled a blog post in my life)

1. Possibly my most impressive moments - two appearances on Blue Peter as a young person, with the orchestra I played with for a few years. Days I hope I will never forget.

2. I love home-baking, but I'm not actually very adventurous. I tend to try things once and never again, despite how well they turn out. (See my twitter feed for things I try out)

3. I can sing and it took me a long time to get to the point where I believed in myself, and really, I am still trying to find my voice. I would love to sing in a choir.

4. I am two thirds of the way through reading the Bible in a year. I am hoping to finish at the end of August along with others. I can't say I understand it all, nor have I taken it in, but i can feel it making a difference to my inner most being.

5. Strangely enough, I am finding this tough. Maybe this is why this is the first time I have done a list like this. It's hard to know what to say when you're caught a little off guard. After all, who really likes talking about themselves when they spend most of the time talking about someone else (Jesus in my case).

6. I am a theology graduate yet found out that I don't know huge amounts about church liturgy. My dissertation was about Women Bishops. I am very proud of my achievements whilst at University.

7. I love song lyrics, deconstructing them and wondering who they are about and how they came to be written in that way. I regularly blog about one song - Carry Me by Sabio. Some times a Bible verse speaks deeply, but this song speaks to my life as a whole.

So there you go! Seven very honest things about me, and hopefully you'll find something of interest here, I will try to write more often.

No comments: