Sunday, May 13, 2012

What do men want?

Dating Tips

If you get a chance - have a read of the article above.

For a while I have been reading things I probably shouldn't on Yahoo, but this one actually infuriated me. Now i know it's late on a Sunday and today started with me dropping my laptop, then writing a note for a neighbours car that was parked in my space and a finally sweet potato exploding over my thumb, so it's not been the best day for living alone or being single, but life does go on, I have taught the young people how to live distinctively, watched them lead worship and prayed over them for their exams this week. It's been a mixed day - at 4.55pm I laughed aloud as Man City to won the league.

So forgive me whilst I take a moment to tell you that getting that man you like to notice you does not mean you should do 100 things that makes you seem super human and super interesting to him for the brief moment when you're walking past him or at work, or whenever.

The first tip is 'learn about his favourite team', which if you're not interested in sport in the first place is pointless - maybe it should be 'listen and listen well' or 'honesty is the best policy', what's worse, being up front and polite about it or six months down the line, whilst you're stood in a football/rugby/other sports stadium that you've paid a lot of money for, turning to your boyfriend and saying 'you know what, I did this just so I could date you, I'm not really interested'? Of course, by that time you might be interested and it might be doing you the world of good. But if you're bored out of your brain for 5 hours on a Saturday because he thinks you like football and his team, no less, well, who are you kidding? (hence ALWAYS being up front about being an Arsenal supporter, on a first date!)

I could pull the rest of the article to pieces - but instead I will delete it from my browser history and try not to look at the Match/Yahoo website again.

What can I say? One thing that as appeared in my life again is the essay song, Everybody's Free (To wear sunscreen), if you don't know it, Google it, please. It is great advice!

Maybe you’ll marry, maybe you won’t, maybe you’ll have children, maybe
you won’t, maybe you’ll divorce at 40, maybe you’ll dance the funky
chicken on your 75th wedding anniversary…what ever you do, don’t
congratulate yourself too much or berate yourself either – your
choices are half chance, so are everybody else’s.

I have missed out on a chance this week, but I am attempting to be myself and be true to myself every day, that doesn't mean that I need to find myself in an argument or a pub quiz, trying to show off, just to get a man.

I hope one day, that the advice dating websites dish out are less about lying about who you are and more about sharing the truth's of who you are and how you got to where you are.

No comments: