Wednesday, May 02, 2012

Steps

Whilst I catch up with Steps: On the road again let me tell you all about Steps: The Tour (and of course a bit of history).

If you don't know what I am talking about - either you're too young or you've lived under a rock. Steps are a dance and singing phenomenon from the late 1990's. They gave us dances to so many older songs and a lot of new ones too, in short the inspired a generation of children (and adults) to dance. So as I didn't see them the first time around, I was excited to see them on the reunion tour.

Mandy and I started with dinner in The O2 arena after being turned away from the sky bar, sad times, but dinner was a good chance to chat and catch up. I miss my bestie a lot of the time. We like most of the same bands and have been through some great concerts and some not so great.

Steps was one of the better ones. All of their songs are classics, the dances are as well and the way they did some of their dances were awesome. They still know how to work the room as it were, to get the crowd going and joining in. Of course we all danced, we all sung and joined in where we were supposed to.

It had its wow moments - Claire singing her solo was a stand out moment.She has such a powerful voice. The giant screen was awesome too, though from where we were stood, it didn't make the impact it should've done. (Side note - this is a problem with every concert I have been to bar Take That)

The night was really enjoyable, the singing was very good and everyone was really well rehearsed. Of course I didn't appreciate the scantily-clad ladies, but I do appreciate that the band have tried their hardest to give a good come back and say a final farewell all in one show.

There are some bands that have longevity (again Take That) and some that don't, I am pleased that I have seen Steps altogether, but I don't think we'll see it again.

No comments: